Question: "When some employees come into the HR office, they carry on like they’re at home yelling at their children! How can we let them know that this kind of behavior is out of line, without escalating their anger? What kind of language or techniques can we use to defuse these tense situations and get on with solving their problems?" -- Maria, Florida
- How should I handle it when HR is just one of my ‘other duties as assigned’?
- High gas prices: Are you helping to ease employees’ pain?
- In a company full of slackers, how can we maintain productivity?
- Telling staff about co-worker's health issues
- Are you doing anything special at work on Inauguration Day?