Question: "When some employees come into the HR office, they carry on like they’re at home yelling at their children! How can we let them know that this kind of behavior is out of line, without escalating their anger? What kind of language or techniques can we use to defuse these tense situations and get on with solving their problems?" -- Maria, Florida
- How should I respond when applicants ask about our financial stability?
- My company’s owners are HR nightmares! Should I stay or should I go?
- How to discipline supervisor who missed harassment warning signs?
- What's a good policy on personal use of company credit cards?
- Time off for kid's school functions?