Question: "When some employees come into the HR office, they carry on like they’re at home yelling at their children! How can we let them know that this kind of behavior is out of line, without escalating their anger? What kind of language or techniques can we use to defuse these tense situations and get on with solving their problems?" -- Maria, Florida
- What's a good policy on personal use of company credit cards?
- How can I boost morale in a changing business environment?
- How can I convince a manager to hire a candidate who has been unemployed?
- How should I handle it when HR is just one of my ‘other duties as assigned’?
- In difficult HR quandary, where should my loyalties lie?