Question: "When some employees come into the HR office, they carry on like they’re at home yelling at their children! How can we let them know that this kind of behavior is out of line, without escalating their anger? What kind of language or techniques can we use to defuse these tense situations and get on with solving their problems?" -- Maria, Florida
- Would defining ‘sick’ help reduce sick leave abuse?
- I’m overworked! How many employees should one HR person have to keep track of?
- How should we structure a new-hire referral reward program?
- What's the best way to choose an 'employee of the month'?
- With no raises on the way, how can we keep employees motivated?