Question: "When some employees come into the HR office, they carry on like they’re at home yelling at their children! How can we let them know that this kind of behavior is out of line, without escalating their anger? What kind of language or techniques can we use to defuse these tense situations and get on with solving their problems?" -- Maria, Florida
- How should we handle granting time off for school functions?
- Should I inquire about an employee’s every-other-Tuesday absence pattern?
- Can we address tattoos in our dress code?
- Who’s supposed to hand out payroll checks?
- What strategies are you using to keep employees engaged and motivated during these tough times?