When ranking the number of entry-level professional positions available, Dallas ranks third in the country behind larger markets New York City and Chicago.
Dallas recruiter Bronwyn Allen of High Profile Staffing Services says his staffing company has more entry-level positions listed than it can handle, and freshly minted college graduates are fielding multiple offers at higher salaries than ever before.
Tip: Those trends may mean it's time to dust off the creative recruiting incentives you shelved after the dot-com bust. Also, don't forget that intern programs can net you qualified applicants before they're recruited away by another employer.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Keep superstars on board with sabbaticals—even during tough times
- Even if offer is for 'at-will' job, beware making promises you're not prepared to keep
- Interview candidates online? Yes, but use caution
- 'Parent Shift' Program Allows Nurses to Work Two-Hour Shifts