The beginning of the school year finds many anxious parents needing to take some time off from work to deal with school issues.
Heads up: The www.theHRSpecialist.com/shortleavelaws.)doesn’t cover employees who take time off for school visits or to care for kids who aren’t seriously ill but who must stay home from school. That’s the province of state laws. (For a summary of state short-term leave statutes, see
Note: In most cases, employees who need to attend school activities can use accrued paid leave.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Stray From Progressive-Discipline Policy at Your Own Risk
- Returning soldiers entitled to equivalent jobs, but not necessarily their old ones
- You don't have to offer FMLA leave to let worker travel with sick spouse
- Don't grant unlimited leave as ADA accommodation