The beginning of the school year finds many anxious parents needing to take some time off from work to deal with school issues.
Heads up: The www.theHRSpecialist.com/shortleavelaws.)doesn’t cover employees who take time off for school visits or to care for kids who aren’t seriously ill but who must stay home from school. That’s the province of state laws. (For a summary of state short-term leave statutes, see
Note: In most cases, employees who need to attend school activities can use accrued paid leave.
- Why is workers' comp telling us when our employee's FMLA leave should start?
- Don't count on vague leave language to limit care for employees' family members
- Ogling Google: Best benefit practices of 100 'Best' firms
- Absentee Problem? Here's how to clarify your leave policy
- What counts as an 'FMLA week': 40 hours?