Looking for a good recruiting tool? Take a cue from two Georgia companies chosen by Working Mother magazine as family-friendly places to work.
The "100 Best Companies" list identifies employers that have generous parental leave policies, provide on-site day care and fitness programs, embrace flexible schedules and don't discriminate based on sex or marital/family status.
This year's winners include Atlanta-based Turner Broadcasting, which allows new mothers up to eight weeks of fully paidand up to $5,000 toward adoption costs, and Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, which provides flexible work schedules as well as financial help for adoptions.
The magazine also produces the "Best Small Companies" list. To check out the requirements for next year's nominations, go to www.workingmother.com.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Violence and Weapons: How to Develop Policies and Procedures
- EEOC sues Folks restaurants for religious discrimination
- Madison Square Garden suit hinges on alleged background check bias
- Use interview to poke holes in applicant's rÃ?sumÃ? claims