Looking for a good recruiting tool? Take a cue from two Georgia companies chosen by Working Mother magazine as family-friendly places to work.
The "100 Best Companies" list identifies employers that have generous parental leave policies, provide on-site day care and fitness programs, embrace flexible schedules and don't discriminate based on sex or marital/family status.
This year's winners include Atlanta-based Turner Broadcasting, which allows new mothers up to eight weeks of fully paidand up to $5,000 toward adoption costs, and Children's Healthcare of Atlanta, which provides flexible work schedules as well as financial help for adoptions.
The magazine also produces the "Best Small Companies" list. To check out the requirements for next year's nominations, go to www.workingmother.com.
- When harassment case is on the line, be ready to prove you did everything you could to stop it
- Tips & tactics from 2004 SHRM conference
- Bias against unemployed now illegal in New Jersey
- Don't treat pregnancy-related absences differently than other medical absences
- Meet employment tax obligations for temps