Employers looking for ways to accommodate disabled applicants or employees have a valuable resource close at hand at Georgia Tech.
Its Center for Assistive Technology and Environmental Access, one of the most advanced of its kind, has researchers available to help employers design simple and effective accommodations.
The center also offers several free electronic newsletters and a list of companies that can provide assistive devices. To check out its resources, go to www.catea.org/.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Chicago bank branch fires low-vision worker after a day
- Don't bury disabled with work while letting others slide
- You should ban all racial slurs at work, but hold supervisors to a higher standard
- Feel free to reprimand for substandard work