Employers looking for ways to accommodate disabled applicants or employees have a valuable resource close at hand at Georgia Tech.
Its Center for Assistive Technology and Environmental Access, one of the most advanced of its kind, has researchers available to help employers design simple and effective accommodations.
The center also offers several free electronic newsletters and a list of companies that can provide assistive devices. To check out its resources, go to www.catea.org/.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- After discrimination complaint, be sure to document any potential disciplinary moves
- Transgender restroom flap escalates to lawsuit
- Gender bias in Joslin could end company's federal contracts
- Lawsuit-free hiring: The 5 laws you need to know & 4 steps you need to take