Employers looking for ways to accommodate disabled applicants or employees have a valuable resource close at hand at Georgia Tech.
Its Center for Assistive Technology and Environmental Access, one of the most advanced of its kind, has researchers available to help employers design simple and effective accommodations.
The center also offers several free electronic newsletters and a list of companies that can provide assistive devices. To check out its resources, go to www.catea.org/.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Recipe for a lawsuit: No reporting policy, name-calling
- Independent review can catch retaliation
- Judges don't preside over pity parties: Unfairness not enough for a lawsuit
- Cull interview lists to ensure you include the most-qualified candidates