Employers looking for ways to accommodate disabled applicants or employees have a valuable resource close at hand at Georgia Tech.
Its Center for Assistive Technology and Environmental Access, one of the most advanced of its kind, has researchers available to help employers design simple and effective accommodations.
The center also offers several free electronic newsletters and a list of companies that can provide assistive devices. To check out its resources, go to www.catea.org/.
- Strive for harmony, plan for a lawsuit: Document every complaint
- Court to lawyers: No, you can't just copy an old lawsuit and expect to win
- Excessive bathroom use: a real disability?
- How to win discrimination lawsuits: Carefully document real performance problems
- Punish bosses who don't report harassment