Employers looking for ways to accommodate disabled applicants or employees have a valuable resource close at hand at Georgia Tech.
Its Center for Assistive Technology and Environmental Access, one of the most advanced of its kind, has researchers available to help employers design simple and effective accommodations.
The center also offers several free electronic newsletters and a list of companies that can provide assistive devices. To check out its resources, go to www.catea.org/.
- Everyday rudeness and backbiting doesn't necessarily mean hostile work environment
- Think twice before firing employee who needs to take short disability leave
- 360° evaluations help when charge is 'Failure to get along'
- Stay out of court with consistent discipline
- Mandatory employment arbitration agreements in California