You can now simplify your online recruiting process by registering for an Internet address that ends in ".jobs." The .jobs domain was approved earlier this year and SHRM announced that registration began June 19. How it works: Applicants applying for a job at Fred's Hardware will be able to go directly to www.fredshardware.jobs, rather than accessing the store's general site (www.fredshardware.com) and locating the career page.
Advice: Register during the initial 60-day registration period, which ends Aug. 19. If duplicate Web addresses register during that period, the "winner" of the address will be decided through arbitration. After Aug. 19, .jobs addresses will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. To register, go to www.employmedia.com.
- Is there a legal way to ask if candidates will be able to work weekends and after hours?
- Workers' comp law: How to keep costs, compliance in check
- Harrah's passes on diversity study, citing past litigation
- Hiring foreign professionals and techs? H1-B visa deadline is April 1
- Misconduct is the key to enforcing your 'no rehire' policy