You can now simplify your online recruiting process by registering for an Internet address that ends in ".jobs." The .jobs domain was approved earlier this year and SHRM announced that registration began June 19. How it works: Applicants applying for a job at Fred's Hardware will be able to go directly to www.fredshardware.jobs, rather than accessing the store's general site (www.fredshardware.com) and locating the career page.
Advice: Register during the initial 60-day registration period, which ends Aug. 19. If duplicate Web addresses register during that period, the "winner" of the address will be decided through arbitration. After Aug. 19, .jobs addresses will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. To register, go to www.employmedia.com.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Encouraging diversity: Lessons from Supreme Court's affirmative-action rulings
- Ridiculous resumes, inane interviews liven up the hiring process
- Ignore job applicants' claims of 'good health'
- Where there's smoke, there's fire ... or, in some cases, no hire