The Florida Commission on Human Relations will host its annual Florida Employment Law conference Dec. 11-12 in Orlando. Employers and other interested people can participate in workshops on the ADA, the Florida Whistle-blower Act, conducting effective internal investigations and other employment-related topics.
For more information, go to http://fchr.state.fl.us.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Create wall calendars to remind staff of key HR dates
- When racially charged symbols appear, remove them ASAP and punish culprits
- Know the law: Simply taking FMLA leave doesn't necessarily mean worker is disabled
- What should we do once an employee exhausts FMLA leave?