If you're having trouble recruiting and retaining employees, the reason may be Florida's robust economy. The latest statistics from the Agency for Workforce Innovation show Florida among the top states in job creation and low unemployment.
In fact, Florida has the fastest job growth rate and lowest unemployment rate of the 10 most-populous states. Plus, it added the highest number of new jobs of any state.
Over the past year, Florida added 259,800 jobs and maintained an average unemployment rate of just 3.3 percent, compared to the national unemployment rate at 4.8 percent for the same period.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- To pay or not to pay: Interns aren't just a source of free labor
- Who gets the promotion? 6 steps to smart and legal decisions
- 13 interviewee questions to prepare for
- New employee obviously not working out? Let hiring manager be the one who terminates