If you're having trouble recruiting and retaining employees, the reason may be Florida's robust economy. The latest statistics from the Agency for Workforce Innovation show Florida among the top states in job creation and low unemployment.
In fact, Florida has the fastest job growth rate and lowest unemployment rate of the 10 most-populous states. Plus, it added the highest number of new jobs of any state.
Over the past year, Florida added 259,800 jobs and maintained an average unemployment rate of just 3.3 percent, compared to the national unemployment rate at 4.8 percent for the same period.
- The 5 worst interview questions & what to ask instead
- Watch out for rogue managers who bring hidden biases to hiring, promotions
- Heed legal limits of video monitoring in the workplace
- Impress the execs by being cross-functional
- Terminated employee claims discrimination? Warn managers against any sort of retaliation