Want employees to take less sick leave? Consider letting them volunteer on company time.
Research by the London-based CSV Make a Difference Day and Barclays report that 42 percent of companies believe giving time off for volunteer work reduces absence rates. And 92 percent of employees said they prefer to work for a company that has an active volunteer program for employees.
In fact, 42 percent said they are less likely to leave a company that encourages employees to volunteer.
- Different rules for pre- and post-birth FMLA leave?
- Use the calendar-year method to tame the intermittent FMLA leave beast
- What are the FMLA eligibility rules for employees who leave and then come back?
- After a brief FMLA leave, can we request a second opinion to make sure the worker is ready to return?
- What is the employee's responsibility to notify us she needs FMLA leave?