Want employees to take less sick leave? Consider letting them volunteer on company time.
Research by the London-based CSV Make a Difference Day and Barclays report that 42 percent of companies believe giving time off for volunteer work reduces absence rates. And 92 percent of employees said they prefer to work for a company that has an active volunteer program for employees.
In fact, 42 percent said they are less likely to leave a company that encourages employees to volunteer.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Made an FMLA mistake? Avoid liability by offering reinstatement, no strings attached
- Administration to extend FMLA rights to all same-sex spouses
- Tell supervisors to zip it! Little digs can add up to retaliation
- How must employees ask for FMLA leave?