Want employees to take less sick leave? Consider letting them volunteer on company time.
Research by the London-based CSV Make a Difference Day and Barclays report that 42 percent of companies believe giving time off for volunteer work reduces absence rates. And 92 percent of employees said they prefer to work for a company that has an active volunteer program for employees.
In fact, 42 percent said they are less likely to leave a company that encourages employees to volunteer.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Weigh ADA, FMLA when considering return to work following disability leave
- FMLA: State workers can sue for FMLA violations, too.
- FMLA users can shop around for favorable medical opinion
- How much time off must we grant for school activities?