Want employees to take less sick leave? Consider letting them volunteer on company time.
Research by the London-based CSV Make a Difference Day and Barclays report that 42 percent of companies believe giving time off for volunteer work reduces absence rates. And 92 percent of employees said they prefer to work for a company that has an active volunteer program for employees.
In fact, 42 percent said they are less likely to leave a company that encourages employees to volunteer.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- You can terminate someone on FMLA leave--as long as reason has nothing to do with FMLA
- Hazleton's illegal-immigrant law overturned: Federal law prevails--for now
- Lower pay on FMLA return? That's an automatic violation
- HR groups fire back at mandatory sick leave legislation