Soaring gas prices earlier this year led many employees to seriously consider bailing out of their long commutes and find jobs closer to home. While gas prices have moderated (at least for now), many employees still face long, expensive, time-wasting trips to work. To ease employees' pain, employers are increasingly turning to creative commuter benefits ...
- Employers cut absent workers a little slack this year
- Is your PEO ripping you off? A primer on the fine print
- Firing harasser is necessary, even if long-ago age comment could spark lawsuit
- Insist that managers conduct interviews--even if they 'know' who's best for the job
- Set hiring criteria and then stick with it