Work/life professionals who staff the Workplace Options UnionSelect call center in Michigan have a special understanding of the unionized employees on the other end of the phone who are seeking help with child and elder care. Reason: They both belong to the same union.
The 25 employees of the 10-year-old call center joined the UAW about five years ago. The call center employees refer callers to community groups, plus they visit employees of three Michigan automakers at their workplaces.
Mary Ellen Gornick, Workplace Options' senior vice president for union services, says the 400,000 employees who use the center appreciate dealing with fellow union members. In return, the consultants appreciate the callers, she adds.
Contact: Mary Ellen Gornick at (800) 952-3586.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- If employee's PTO is gone, can we dock his pay?
- Injunction temporarily blocks federal contractor disclosure rule
- E-Verify again an eligibility verification option for Illinois employers
- Get expert legal advice to make sure arbitration agreements are valid and enforceable