Employees at Choice Hotels International's headquarters in Silver Spring, Md., can take advantage of the company's Learning Center, a high-tech training facility that offers about 50 classes a year in computer and supervisory skills,, communication, writing and decision making. Choice Hotel associates, who provide input on the classes, average more than 54 hours of training each year.
This company-sponsored training helps prepare employees for promotions, says Patrick Cimerola, HR VP.
Another popular perk: Headquarters employees can take yoga, aerobics, Pilates or kickboxing classes at an on-site fitness center. Choice subsidizes half of the gym fees and prorates memberships, which start at $14 a month, on each employee's annual salary. Nearly 70 percent use the fitness center. Contact: Patrick Cimerola, (301) 592-6719.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- A wandering mind leads to insight
- Unions: Brace for renewed organizing in wake of union rift
- Lessons from the 2006 SHRM conference: Avoid discipline that makes 'Example' of workers
- Landscape changing for noncompete agreements in Texas