California employees are paying into a two-year-old paidfund, yet only 29 percent know it, says a new study by the Paid Family Leave Coalition. One in five California workers took the leave in the past year, and 90 percent returned to the same job.
California is the only state with the benefit, which is employee funded through California's disability insurance program. It allows workers to collect up to 55 percent of their salaries while on family leave.
- Quitting time? Performance improvement plan not enough to justify discrimination lawsuit
- Commute isn't on the clock, Even 100+ miles
- Have minimum promotion standards? Use them--or risk discrimination lawsuit
- Don't retaliate against harassment victim who calls police
- Refusal to say 'Happy holidays' leads to EEOC complaint