California employees are paying into a two-year-old paidfund, yet only 29 percent know it, says a new study by the Paid Family Leave Coalition. One in five California workers took the leave in the past year, and 90 percent returned to the same job.
California is the only state with the benefit, which is employee funded through California's disability insurance program. It allows workers to collect up to 55 percent of their salaries while on family leave.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Time on your side: Learn FLSA 'rounding rule'
- Build a legal wall against the flood of retaliation lawsuits
- Proceed with layoff if employee you planned to cut suddenly complains about discrimination
- Asking applicants about age: When is it legal?