California employees are paying into a two-year-old paidfund, yet only 29 percent know it, says a new study by the Paid Family Leave Coalition. One in five California workers took the leave in the past year, and 90 percent returned to the same job.
California is the only state with the benefit, which is employee funded through California's disability insurance program. It allows workers to collect up to 55 percent of their salaries while on family leave.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Wellness programs: Does your health-risk questionnaire violate the new genetic-bias law?
- Counter bias claims: Show how your rational promotion process selects best candidates
- FMLA entitles you to request proof worker's parent has serious health condition
- Taming the shrews: How to turn around troublesome people