California employees are paying into a two-year-old paidfund, yet only 29 percent know it, says a new study by the Paid Family Leave Coalition. One in five California workers took the leave in the past year, and 90 percent returned to the same job.
California is the only state with the benefit, which is employee funded through California's disability insurance program. It allows workers to collect up to 55 percent of their salaries while on family leave.
- Can You Fire an Employee for Threatening Suicide?
- Employee refuses to follow instructions? Courts won't second-guess disciplinary decisions
- Use seniority to assign tasks and take bias off the table
- Congress Approves Bill to Expand ADA's Definition of 'Disability'
- Combat employee absence with a positive discipline program