California employees are paying into a two-year-old paidfund, yet only 29 percent know it, says a new study by the Paid Family Leave Coalition. One in five California workers took the leave in the past year, and 90 percent returned to the same job.
California is the only state with the benefit, which is employee funded through California's disability insurance program. It allows workers to collect up to 55 percent of their salaries while on family leave.
- Walmart must defend against largest wage-and-hour class action in U.S. history
- Watch out for rogue managers who bring hidden biases to hiring, promotions
- Sometimes a personality conflict is nothing more
- Foreign-born worker sues? Know difference between national origin and immigration status
- Do a father's prenatal visits qualify for FMLA?