Six web “apps” for streamlining day-to-day tasks, recommended by the team at the99percent.com:
1. Hipmunk.com: This new flight-booking service takes into account how much of a pain each flight is, when ranking flight results.
2. NudgeMail.com: Ensure you won’t forget to respond to an e-mail by forwarding it to NudgeMail and indicating when you want it to be sent again in the “To” field (e.g., email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, etc). The message returns to your inbox at that time.
3. Xmarks.com: No matter which major browser you use, Xmarks will sync your bookmarks—even throwing in a set of additional features, such as restore capabilities.
4. Ge.tt: Upload and share large files, without being subjected to schlocky ads.
5. TrackThis: Ever find yourself ceaselessly refreshing the UPS web site to find out when your package will arrive? This saves you the trouble by sending you a play-by-play via e-mail, text, Facebook or Twitter.
6. About.me: Build a personal web site in about two minutes. Post a picture, a short bio, and link to social-media accounts.