A Fortune magazine report on the “Best 100 Companies to Work For” cited these employers for offering some of the better perks packages:
1. No whining. At each of employee-owned DPR Construction’s 17 locations, employees can toast employee accomplishments at an in-house wine bar, some with local touches (Austin’s is designed as a saloon).
2. Farm fresh. For half the year, Qualcomm hosts a weekly farmers market on the lawns of its three California locations, allowing employees to stock up on local fruits and veggies.
3. Traveling light. Umpqua Bank pays for employees’ mass transit fees. Plus it offers interest-free loans to buy business attire.
4. Artist in residence. SAS employs two full-time artists who, in addition to producing art for company offices, offer artwork and framing supplies to employees at discounted rates.
5. Goals coach. The quirky culture at online shoe retailer Zappos.com includes free lunches, no-charge vending machines and a full-time “goals coach” who helps employees establish work/life balance and discover a “higher purpose/higher self.”
6. Air time. Energy firm NuStar makes the corporate jet available for employees in crisis. For example, for a sick employee working overseas, NuStar sent the jet to pick him up and bring him to the United States to see his doctor.
7. Pet sitting. Every day is “Bring-your-dog-to-work day” at Kimpton Hotels offices, as employees can leave their dogs with an on-site pet care specialist.
8. Free oil changes. A car-care company sets up shop at the Cisco offices twice a week. Employees can leave their cars with mechanics for an oil change or a simple tune-up.
9. Free your mind. Among the generous perks at Intuit are free on-site classes, including yoga and Pilates. The firm encourages workers to take four hours a week of “unstructured time” for their own pet projects. It hosts “idea jams,” where teams present new concepts for prizes.
10. Health, fitness & Botox. Employees at Chesapeake Energy can use a 72,000-square-foot fitness center and a medical center that offers everything from cancer screenings to Botox injections.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/17909/above-and-beyond-top-10-cushiest-benefits-offered-by-best-companies "