Although the U.S. House of Representatives passed legislation in January repealing President Obama’s health care reform law, the bill arrived DOA in the Senate. Now look for opponents to push piecemeal changes to the law. Where do businesses want them to start?
According to a survey of 430 employers by the Midwest Business Group on Health, here are the top five provisions, in order, employers say they most want repealed:
- Provision banning employees from using flexible spending accounts (FSAs) to cover over-the-counter medicine (72%)
- Requirement to report the cost of health coverage on employees’ W-2s (69%)
- The $2,500 cap on FSA contributions (64%)
- The excise tax on the costliest “Cadillac” health plans (61%)
- The requirement that employers offer health insurance vouchers (53%).