Q. We have a point system for absences and lateness. Our no-fault attendance policy states that if employees call off after the start of their shift, they’ll receive two points. What if the reason for the absence is covered by the
A. are quite specific on this point. You can’t punish an employee for leave that’s related to an FMLA-qualifying event. This means your no-fault attendance policy must make an exception for FMLA leaves of absence. Likewise, employees shouldn’t be disqualified for perfect-attendance bonuses because of their .
- 'Willful' violation can extend employees' time to file FMLA suit
- Be prepared to grant FMLA leave for diagnosis of serious health condition
- Consider both the ADA and the FMLA when handling employee substance abuse
- Employees have no unilateral right to pick shifts under FMLA
- Families of veterans, service members get new FMLA rights