Q. We have a point system for absences and lateness. Our no-fault attendance policy states that if employees call off after the start of their shift, they’ll receive two points. What if the reason for the absence is covered by the
A. are quite specific on this point. You can’t punish an employee for leave that’s related to an FMLA-qualifying event. This means your no-fault attendance policy must make an exception for FMLA leaves of absence. Likewise, employees shouldn’t be disqualified for perfect-attendance bonuses because of their .
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Warn managers: Don't make assumptions about pregnant employee's capabilities
- What should we do once an employee exhausts FMLA leave?
- Don't expect early dismissal of FMLA lawsuit even if law doesn't cover your organization
- Remind supervisors: Absolutely no comments about employee's pending EEOC complaint