Q. We have a point system for absences and lateness. Our no-fault attendance policy states that if employees call off after the start of their shift, they’ll receive two points. What if the reason for the absence is covered by the
A. are quite specific on this point. You can’t punish an employee for leave that’s related to an FMLA-qualifying event. This means your no-fault attendance policy must make an exception for FMLA leaves of absence. Likewise, employees shouldn’t be disqualified for perfect-attendance bonuses because of their .
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Loose lips lose lawsuits: Screen performance reviews for FMLA comments
- If you spot FMLA mistake, go ahead and fix it
- Always have witness to entire termination process
- After military leave, does employee get across-the-board raise instituted while he was gone?