Q. We have a point system for absences and lateness. Our no-fault attendance policy states that if employees call off after the start of their shift, they’ll receive two points. What if the reason for the absence is covered by the
A. are quite specific on this point. You can’t punish an employee for leave that’s related to an FMLA-qualifying event. This means your no-fault attendance policy must make an exception for FMLA leaves of absence. Likewise, employees shouldn’t be disqualified for perfect-attendance bonuses because of their .
- Furloughs and unpaid time off create wage-and-hour problems
- Patience key when you think worker won't return from FMLA
- Firing during FMLA leave may mean personal liability
- 17 Questions to Determine if Workers are Fully Engaged
- Suspect doc is a 'certification specialist'? Ask for second and even third opinions