Q. We have a point system for absences and lateness. Our no-fault attendance policy states that if employees call off after the start of their shift, they’ll receive two points. What if the reason for the absence is covered by the
A. are quite specific on this point. You can’t punish an employee for leave that’s related to an FMLA-qualifying event. This means your no-fault attendance policy must make an exception for FMLA leaves of absence. Likewise, employees shouldn’t be disqualified for perfect-attendance bonuses because of their .
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- HR legislation in Congress: What's hot, what's not?
- Suspect FMLA leave shenanigans? Follow the law's certification requirements
- No home specimen collection for Newark P.D. drug tests
- Consider ADA--not just the FMLA--when employee experiences difficult pregnancy