Q. We have a point system for absences and lateness. Our no-fault attendance policy states that if employees call off after the start of their shift, they’ll receive two points. What if the reason for the absence is covered by the
A. are quite specific on this point. You can’t punish an employee for leave that’s related to an FMLA-qualifying event. This means your no-fault attendance policy must make an exception for FMLA leaves of absence. Likewise, employees shouldn’t be disqualified for perfect-attendance bonuses because of their .
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Don't let a scheduling conflict prompt reservists' discipline, firing
- Don't cave to telecommuting request if it won't allow disabled employee to do job
- State-by-State Guide to Voting Leave Laws
- Check the medical documentation: FMLA doesn't automatically apply to ER visits