Q. We have a point system for absences and lateness. Our no-fault attendance policy states that if employees call off after the start of their shift, they’ll receive two points. What if the reason for the absence is covered by the
A. are quite specific on this point. You can’t punish an employee for leave that’s related to an FMLA-qualifying event. This means your no-fault attendance policy must make an exception for FMLA leaves of absence. Likewise, employees shouldn’t be disqualified for perfect-attendance bonuses because of their .
- Employee out of FMLA leave and unable to do the job? It's time to consider termination
- How should we manage family leave that isn't covered by the FMLA?
- You Can Change Workers' Hours on Short Notice
- Calculate FMLA eligibility based on date leave begins
- DOL's Trojan horse: 'We're from the government and we can help'