Q. We have a point system for absences and lateness. Our no-fault attendance policy states that if employees call off after the start of their shift, they’ll receive two points. What if the reason for the absence is covered by the
A. are quite specific on this point. You can’t punish an employee for leave that’s related to an FMLA-qualifying event. This means your no-fault attendance policy must make an exception for FMLA leaves of absence. Likewise, employees shouldn’t be disqualified for perfect-attendance bonuses because of their .
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Is it legal to ask departing workers to waive FMLA claims?
- Is it possible to apply FMLA retroactively?
- DOL issues final FMLA regs addressing military leave
- If you have doubts about FMLA eligibility, don't hesitate to seek a second medical opinion