Q. We have a point system for absences and lateness. Our no-fault attendance policy states that if employees call off after the start of their shift, they’ll receive two points. What if the reason for the absence is covered by the
A. are quite specific on this point. You can’t punish an employee for leave that’s related to an FMLA-qualifying event. This means your no-fault attendance policy must make an exception for FMLA leaves of absence. Likewise, employees shouldn’t be disqualified for perfect-attendance bonuses because of their .
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Balance ADA rights when worker returns from FMLA leave
- Can we terminate employee who has used all FMLA leave but still needs time off?
- Firing new mother? Better have a good reason
- It's your right to demand good performance—even from employees who take FMLA leave