Q. We have a point system for absences and lateness. Our no-fault attendance policy states that if employees call off after the start of their shift, they’ll receive two points. What if the reason for the absence is covered by the
A. are quite specific on this point. You can’t punish an employee for leave that’s related to an FMLA-qualifying event. This means your no-fault attendance policy must make an exception for FMLA leaves of absence. Likewise, employees shouldn’t be disqualified for perfect-attendance bonuses because of their .
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Be wary of hitting employee with sudden criticism after FMLA request
- Employee saying he 'May' have medical problem triggers FMLA
- Don't be an FMLA mind reader; demand notice
- Incentive pay hours don't count toward the 1,250 hours required for FMLA leave