Q. We have a point system for absences and lateness. Our no-fault attendance policy states that if employees call off after the start of their shift, they’ll receive two points. What if the reason for the absence is covered by the
A. are quite specific on this point. You can’t punish an employee for leave that’s related to an FMLA-qualifying event. This means your no-fault attendance policy must make an exception for FMLA leaves of absence. Likewise, employees shouldn’t be disqualified for perfect-attendance bonuses because of their .
- Are you prepared to follow the new FMLA regulations?
- Feel free to discipline or fire if it's warranted -- regardless of employee's FMLA status
- Attempted suicide: Proof of disability ... or grounds for dismissal?
- Firing worker during FMLA leave: possibly legal, but usually unwise
- Unmarried co-workers, childbirth and FMLA leave