According to New York Times technology writer Bob Tedeschi, these are the top eight apps for making your BlackBerry much more handy—and fun. And they’re all free:
1. Google Mobile (google.com/mobile/search): Use your voice to search.
2. Google Maps (google.com/mobile/maps): Get turn-by-turn directions for driving or walking, see real-time traffic, and more.
3. Evernote (evernote.com/about/download/blackberry.php): Access or add notes via BlackBerry.
4. Poynt (poynt.com/bb.html): Find local businesses, restaurants, even nearby gas prices.
5. Weather Channel (weather.com/mobile/pda/blackberry): Weather forecasts with interactive maps.
6. ScoreMobile (appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/1998): Up-to-the-minute sports scores.
7. Bloomberg Mobile (appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/939): One-stop-shop for financial news.
8. Viigo (viigo.com/download): Track news across many categories.