For the first time, the Internet is producing more than half of all new hires. A Booz Allen Hamilton survey shows that 51 percent of all new hires in 2005 came via some form of Internet recruiting connection (employer's Web site, general job boards, niche job boards, etc.).
Advice: Don't ignore a low-tech recruiting tool: employee referrals. Respondents to the survey said they receive the highest-quality candidates (and highest return on investment) from employee referrals. Read more at www.jobcentral.com/DEsurvey.pdf.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Must we prorate bonuses for employees who missed work while out on FMLA leave?
- How to work with GINA--the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act
- 'You're pregnant; we can't hire you'
- Ex-employees: Gone but not forgotten Courts' broader definition of 'employee' expands your liability