For the first time, the Internet is producing more than half of all new hires. A Booz Allen Hamilton survey shows that 51 percent of all new hires in 2005 came via some form of Internet recruiting connection (employer's Web site, general job boards, niche job boards, etc.).
Advice: Don't ignore a low-tech recruiting tool: employee referrals. Respondents to the survey said they receive the highest-quality candidates (and highest return on investment) from employee referrals. Read more at www.jobcentral.com/DEsurvey.pdf.
- Can we hire contractors and later--if they work out--convert them into employees?
- Supreme Court upholds Arizona immigration law, backs E-Verify
- Remarkably, the EEOC can tell you whom to hire … and when!
- Stop harassment or face personal liability
- FMLA, FLSA, ADA and more: The 10 employment laws every manager must know