The EEOC just published a Q&A document explaining when cancer is a qualified disability under the ADA and how you should accommodate employees with cancer. Reasonable accommodations may include, more frequent breaks or a modified work schedule. Find the EEOC guidance at www.eeoc .gov/facts/cancer.html.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Show good-faith ADA accommodation effort by documenting interaction with employee
- Alert: Key EEOC reporting deadline is next Thursday
- Essential job functions may include shift work
- Review insurance policies for legally dangerous exclusions