The EEOC just published a Q&A document explaining when cancer is a qualified disability under the ADA and how you should accommodate employees with cancer. Reasonable accommodations may include, more frequent breaks or a modified work schedule. Find the EEOC guidance at www.eeoc .gov/facts/cancer.html.
- Radical change to worker's schedule lets him win unemployment benefits
- The clock is ticking: Note exact date employee learned of termination decision
- Make sure employees understand policy and process for reporting sexual harassment
- Poorly drafted policies grant unintended rights
- Absent-minded employees: 4 steps to get absenteeism under control