Issue: When it comes to skills building, many HR specialists think only about the Society for Human Resource(SHRM).
Risk: SHRM is a great source, but HR pros shouldn't drink all of their HR knowledge from the same well.
Action: Tap into other national and regional organizations that can improve your HR skills and credentials.
You probably look to SHRM, the preeminent HR organization, for your training, education and certification needs. But don't depend on SHRM alone.
Many other organizations in HR and related fields offer a range of seminars, certifications and practical advice. Here are some national options:
1. International Association for Human Resource Information Management (www.ihrim.org) specializes in educating HR on technology solutions. It holds an annual conference and exposition, plus education courses on HRIM systems. Membership: $215.
2. Employers Council on Flexible Compens...(register to read more)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- How to Write Meeting Minutes
- Planning to offer bigger raises this year?
- Watch out: As layoffs increase, so does résumé fraud
- Break the cycle of manipulation at work
- Paper evaluations? Switch to software to limit subjectivity