The most popular thing U.S. employers do to help employees alleviate holiday-related stress is to schedule holiday events during business hours (51 percent) and remind employees of their(39 percent), according to a Society for Human Resource survey. Other practices: Show appreciation for employees who work on a holiday (33 percent), provide food around the holidays (30 percent), give early bonus for holiday shopping (23 percent) and reduce hours for errands (14 percent).
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- OK to punish employees for disruptive acts--even if done in the context of protesting bias
- Do you need a 'no forwarding' e-mail policy?
- Stop frivolous claims with solid hiring, promotion processes consistently applied
- Lowe's to offer free employee health screenings