The most popular thing U.S. employers do to help employees alleviate holiday-related stress is to schedule holiday events during business hours (51 percent) and remind employees of their(39 percent), according to a Society for Human Resource survey. Other practices: Show appreciation for employees who work on a holiday (33 percent), provide food around the holidays (30 percent), give early bonus for holiday shopping (23 percent) and reduce hours for errands (14 percent).
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- The four stages of managing change
- How many baby boomers are still working?
- Broad consensus on need to improve workforce readiness
- Warn managers: Don't make assumptions about pregnant employee's capabilities