The most popular thing U.S. employers do to help employees alleviate holiday-related stress is to schedule holiday events during business hours (51 percent) and remind employees of their(39 percent), according to a Society for Human Resource survey. Other practices: Show appreciation for employees who work on a holiday (33 percent), provide food around the holidays (30 percent), give early bonus for holiday shopping (23 percent) and reduce hours for errands (14 percent).
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Understanding religious accommodations in Georgia workplaces
- Manage a year's worth of seasonal distractions
- New leaders: Hire right and delegate
- Drug testing down, electronic monitoring up at big U.S. firms