The most popular thing U.S. employers do to help employees alleviate holiday-related stress is to schedule holiday events during business hours (51 percent) and remind employees of their(39 percent), according to a Society for Human Resource survey. Other practices: Show appreciation for employees who work on a holiday (33 percent), provide food around the holidays (30 percent), give early bonus for holiday shopping (23 percent) and reduce hours for errands (14 percent).
- Paying employees for healthy lifestyles helps trim premiums
- Threat to blow whistle on banking practices not protected
- Don't let lawsuit fear make you second-Guess good decisions
- Can we reduce pay for exempt employee who will miss work for intermittent FMLA leave?
- Brace for Social Security tax increase in '06