One way to crank up the quality of job candidates (and impress your CEO) is to earn your way onto a "Best companies to work for"-type list. The most recognized list, the 100 Best Companies to Work for in America, is published in Fortune and compiled by the Great Place to Work Institute, a San Francisco consulting firm. Starting in 2004, the institute will publish a list of the best small- to medium-size organizations to work for (50 to 1,000 employees). To learn about the nomination process, go to www.greatplacetowork.com/best and click on "Best Small & Medium Companies."
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- To attract younger talent, help repay student loans
- Enough is enough: How many interviews are too many?
- Balance need for racial diversity against threat of reverse discrimination lawsuit
- Are we allowed to ask questions about an applicant's family medical history?