One way to crank up the quality of job candidates (and impress your CEO) is to earn your way onto a "Best companies to work for"-type list. The most recognized list, the 100 Best Companies to Work for in America, is published in Fortune and compiled by the Great Place to Work Institute, a San Francisco consulting firm. Starting in 2004, the institute will publish a list of the best small- to medium-size organizations to work for (50 to 1,000 employees). To learn about the nomination process, go to www.greatplacetowork.com/best and click on "Best Small & Medium Companies."
- Earn tax credits for hiring workers from rural counties
- Houston business owner sentenced for harboring illegals
- Find the surprise tax windfall in the 'Tax Extenders Act'
- RIF justifications need only be 'Reasonable' to stand up
- Use objective criteria, transparent process to ensure promotions are fair for everyone