Here’s how Cisco CEO John Chambers keeps his people in the loop: through a webcast every few weeks in which he responds directly to employee questions.
He says he wants his team to learn about company news firsthand, not through rumors. A few tips:
- Lay out the company’s strategic plan and what it means to each department and employee.
- Share articles you read about your organization, competitors and trends.
- Brief everybody about what’s ahead, especially if it affects their careers.
- Nip rumors by sharing news as soon as possible.
- Talk face-to-face if you can.
— Adapted from The 7 Hidden Reasons Employees Leave, Leigh Branham with the Saratoga Institute, Amacom.