More than 200 "diploma mills" operate online churning out phony degrees, often with very official-sounding college names. In fact, a survey by an AT&T corporate trainer revealed that HR professionals were just as likely to accept fake college names as they were to accept real college names. Even the federal government receives résumés highlighting bogus degrees.
Bottom line: Make the call to check on all candidates' education claims.
- All managers can face personal liability for leave mistakes
- Know the law: Simply taking FMLA leave doesn't necessarily mean worker is disabled
- Can we reclassify past leave as FMLA?
- When technological change means jobs are changing too, document the training you offer
- Employers ask: To Google or not to Google?