More than 200 "diploma mills" operate online churning out phony degrees, often with very official-sounding college names. In fact, a survey by an AT&T corporate trainer revealed that HR professionals were just as likely to accept fake college names as they were to accept real college names. Even the federal government receives résumés highlighting bogus degrees.
Bottom line: Make the call to check on all candidates' education claims.
- Employees' job qualifications changing? Document notice and offer additional training
- When serial harasser strikes, you can't just move victims
- Harassment Reporting: Who's Your Weakest Link?
- Avoid equal pay suit by comparing employees' duties, not titles
- Talking the talk: Be careful with these 5 'lightning rod' terms