More than 200 "diploma mills" operate online churning out phony degrees, often with very official-sounding college names. In fact, a survey by an AT&T corporate trainer revealed that HR professionals were just as likely to accept fake college names as they were to accept real college names. Even the federal government receives résumés highlighting bogus degrees.
Bottom line: Make the call to check on all candidates' education claims.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- You must follow no-Fault absenteeism policy to the letter
- Texas High Court rules arbitration agreements valid despite changing employment conditions
- KPMG, AT&T help employees commemorate 9/11 anniversary
- Final business: 5 steps to take when an employee dies