More than 200 "diploma mills" operate online churning out phony degrees, often with very official-sounding college names. In fact, a survey by an AT&T corporate trainer revealed that HR professionals were just as likely to accept fake college names as they were to accept real college names. Even the federal government receives résumés highlighting bogus degrees.
Bottom line: Make the call to check on all candidates' education claims.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Help employees 'give back' during crisis and all year-round
- Investigations: You can (and should) demand silence from all participants
- Create a job testing policy that's rock solid and bias-proof
- Slackers...Complainers...Chronically Tardy...Keep bad apples from spoiling your bunch