Duplicate a style you’ve created in one MS Excel workbook in another workbook.
- Make certain the workbook containing the styles you want to copy or “merge” is open.
- Open a new Excel workbook.
- Click on Format, then Style.
- Click Merge.
- In the Merge Styles dialog box, select Book 1 (the name of the workbook that contains the styles you created and want to copy).
- Click OK.
- Should a dialog appear asking if you want to Merge Style with Same Format, click OK, but only if you are certain that you have not created custom styles with the same names as they will be overwritten.
- In the Style dialog box, click OK.
— Adapted from Word Bytes Newsletter, Carol Bratt, Carol’s Corner Office.