More employers are increasing health premiums for smokers as a way to cut health costs. Such surcharges can trim costs, but implementation mistakes can alienate employees and hurt morale. Use the following tips to design smoker surcharges that reduce the most costs with the least employee backlash ...
- Age-based remark can spark lawsuit, even when made by older manager
- Growing threat: Employees use 'Section 1981' to sue for race bias
- You can trim health benefits for Medicare-eligible retirees
- Act fast to punish violent employee, even if he's been the victim of harassment
- New tool when employees defect to competition: bonus forfeiture