Five feng shui tips for a harmonious and productive office:
1. Position your desk so that you’re facing the entrance of your office or cubicle. You don’t want to be surprised by visitors lurking behind you.
2. Move your desk to the right or left of the door, rather than facing it directly. While you don’t want to be surprised by visitors, you also don’t want to feel instantly confronted. Moving your desk to the side creates a feeling of spaciousness.
3. Make sure you have proper lighting. Lamps can make a big difference in keeping your eyes feeling fresh.
4. Increase the air quality in your workspace by adding plants. One pick: feng shui bamboo, which is a symbol of good luck and which teaches how to be flexible and hollow (open) on the inside, so the spirit can freely flow. Plus, it looks great in an office.
5. Choose office colors to reflect the kind of energy you desire. Every color represents one of the five feng shui elements—fire, earth, metal, water and wood. Each element corresponds to a quality that you may want at work. Find out more at fengshui.about.com.
- How to Write Meeting Minutes No matches