Employers host employee-recognition events throughout the year, but the second Friday in March (March 10 this year) is the official Employee Appreciation Day, according to the Society for Human Resource.
Buy bagels or lunch for the staff, close shop early or just say thanks.
Some sites with best-practice ideas and employee-recognition products: www.recognition.org, www.nelson-motivation.com/resources.cfm, www.ara.org, www.billsims.com/articles.php and www.incentivemag.com.
- Can't You Even Say the Word 'Pregnant' Anymore?
- Follow the certification trail when you suspect employee is gaming medical leave
- Don't pile on reasons for firing; you're spoiling for retaliation fight in court
- Ohio New Hire Reporting Law
- Is there a way to ensure sensitive investigation records remain confidential?