Employers host employee-recognition events throughout the year, but the second Friday in March (March 10 this year) is the official Employee Appreciation Day, according to the Society for Human Resource.
Buy bagels or lunch for the staff, close shop early or just say thanks.
Some sites with best-practice ideas and employee-recognition products: www.recognition.org, www.nelson-motivation.com/resources.cfm, www.ara.org, www.billsims.com/articles.php and www.incentivemag.com.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- Pig handlers fired for abuse
- Kroger Company accused of race discrimination
- How to conduct effective and legal workplace investigations
- Negligent hiring: Take proper steps to avoid the costly pitfall