Employers host employee-recognition events throughout the year, but the second Friday in March (March 10 this year) is the official Employee Appreciation Day, according to the Society for Human Resource.
Buy bagels or lunch for the staff, close shop early or just say thanks.
Some sites with best-practice ideas and employee-recognition products: www.recognition.org, www.nelson-motivation.com/resources.cfm, www.ara.org, www.billsims.com/articles.php and www.incentivemag.com.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 Secrets to an Effective Performance Review
- When does 50 not equal 50? FMLA coverage versus FMLA eligibility
- When harassment allegations surface, launch comprehensive investigation right away
- Writing and giving performance reviews: 8 do's and don'ts
- Dig deep for miscellaneous deductions at tax time