Issue: Your skills and interests may favor one of two different types of HR: field or corporate.
Benefit: Recognizing your preferred path (and planning accordingly) is critical to your satisfaction level and your career growth.
Action: Do some soul-searching and self-assessment to identify your best fit.
Field HR or corporate HR: Neither career path is necessarily better; each has its own challenges and rewards. But there are important differences between the two that influence your career direction. Knowing those distinctions is a key step in any HR job move.
What's the difference? Corporate HR is strategic; field HR is tactical. Corporate HR develops the organization's HR policies, direction and goals; field HR is responsible for implementing them successfully. Corporate HR tends to see managers and employees collectively as a group or entity, interacting frequently with company execs; field HR interacts directly every day...(register to read more)
- Use your brain (science) to motivate your people
- Exhibit A: Avoid the 3 most common documentation mistakes
- TWC to share information on employment tax schemes with IRS
- University offers energy audits to help employees conserve, save
- Is it legal to discipline an employee for tardiness by suspending her without pay?