By Kimberly Deas
With tons of undiscovered shortcuts, your BlackBerry is master of productivity. Use the following 10 tips to get more done in less time:
1. Call a number with letters: (Dialing 1-800-Go-FedEx or letters for company directories). Hold the Cap Key while dialing the letters.
2. Insert a period (.) at the end of a sentence: Press the Space Key twice. The next letter is capitalized.
3. Insert the at sign (@) and dot (.) in an Email Address Field: Press the Space Key to insert @ after username and then Space Key again to add the dot (.) before the com, net, org, etc.
4. Type an accent or special character (©, ®, ç, é, ñ): Hold the Letter Key (c,r,c,e,n) and roll the trackpad to choose the symbol you want.
5. Capitalize a letter: Hold the Letter Key until the capitalized letter appears.
6. Change an Option Field: Click the trackpad (to view all options) or use the Space Key to scroll one option at a time. Press trackpad or enter to select option.
7. Select a check box: Press the Space Key. To clear the check box, press the Space Key again.
8. Select a line of text to copy: Press the Cap Key and roll the trackpad over text to select. Once selected, press trackpad and select Copy.
9. Move down a screen: Press the Space Key.
10. Move up a screen: Press the Cap Key + the Space Key.
Kimberly Deas combines her 10+ years' experience in telecommunications with a background in personal coaching and results-oriented training.