Now Mifflin Elementary has been roiled by news of a lawsuit filed by four white teachers who claim they are victims of race discrimination.
Among their allegations: The school’s former principal persistently undermined their work, randomly changed room assignments and enforced rule infractions against them, but not black teachers. They say he also directed them to read an article claiming “white teachers do not have the ability to teach African-American students.”
The lawsuit names as defendants the School District of Philadelphia, the former principal and the Philadelphia Federation of Teachers union, which the teachers allege did not back them up when they complained.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/16236/white-teachers-file-bias-suit-against-philly-schools "
- Employee sounds threatening during hearing? OK to suspend while you investigate
- After discrimination complaint, be sure to document any potential disciplinary moves
- Check for retaliation before disciplining employee who requested ADA accommodations
- Refusing to hire former criminals: Is it race discrimination?
- N.Y.-Based grocery chain to pay $40,000 discrimination settlement