If you're confused about how to comply with a federal safety regulation, or even whether it applies to your company, check out the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's online, interactive advisers.
The software programs ask you several questions and, based on your answers, churn out a customized report on whether, how and which parts of a regulation apply to your business.
The programs include Fire Safety Advisor, Hazard Awareness Advisor, Confined Space and Safety Pays, among others.
Download any adviser for free from www.osha-slc.gov/dts/osta/oshasoft. For more information, call OSHA at (800) 321-6742.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Payback time: Employer wanted its money back—and got it!
- On-demand leave isn't reasonable accommodation
- Are arbitration agreements right for your organization?
- Accommodations may differ, but you must make sure they're fair to all disabled workers