If you're confused about how to comply with a federal safety regulation, or even whether it applies to your company, check out the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's online, interactive advisers.
The software programs ask you several questions and, based on your answers, churn out a customized report on whether, how and which parts of a regulation apply to your business.
The programs include Fire Safety Advisor, Hazard Awareness Advisor, Confined Space and Safety Pays, among others.
Download any adviser for free from www.osha-slc.gov/dts/osta/oshasoft. For more information, call OSHA at (800) 321-6742.
- Despite complaint, unreasonable demands may merit firing
- Hey, boss, you better call HR! Warn managers against trying to resolve complaints informally
- Supreme Court backs employee following 'cat's paw' boss bias
- Beyond the bland: 11 questions to identify 'must hires'
- High Court: CBA can address 'donning, doffing'