If you're confused about how to comply with a federal safety regulation, or even whether it applies to your company, check out the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's online, interactive advisers.
The software programs ask you several questions and, based on your answers, churn out a customized report on whether, how and which parts of a regulation apply to your business.
The programs include Fire Safety Advisor, Hazard Awareness Advisor, Confined Space and Safety Pays, among others.
Download any adviser for free from www.osha-slc.gov/dts/osta/oshasoft. For more information, call OSHA at (800) 321-6742.
- When employee complains of bias or harassment, beware acting in ways that look like retaliation
- Even small changes in job status can be retaliation
- 'Reasonable' Maternity Leave Doesn't Matter Under FMLA
- Institute strict 'no race talk' policy to help minimize harassment claims
- How Dodd-Frank's whistle-blower rules put you in the crosshairs