If you're confused about how to comply with a federal safety regulation, or even whether it applies to your company, check out the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's online, interactive advisers.
The software programs ask you several questions and, based on your answers, churn out a customized report on whether, how and which parts of a regulation apply to your business.
The programs include Fire Safety Advisor, Hazard Awareness Advisor, Confined Space and Safety Pays, among others.
Download any adviser for free from www.osha-slc.gov/dts/osta/oshasoft. For more information, call OSHA at (800) 321-6742.
- Proceed with care during union negotiations
- Make sure not to defame an employee when issuing 'Security bulletin' after termination
- Promises, promises: Put incentives in writing; don't let managers blurt them out
- Employees can't claim retaliation if they're not FMLA-eligible
- Jury to decide Michigan professor's anti-Gay bias suit