If you're confused about how to comply with a federal safety regulation, or even whether it applies to your company, check out the Occupational Safety and Health Administration's online, interactive advisers.
The software programs ask you several questions and, based on your answers, churn out a customized report on whether, how and which parts of a regulation apply to your business.
The programs include Fire Safety Advisor, Hazard Awareness Advisor, Confined Space and Safety Pays, among others.
Download any adviser for free from www.osha-slc.gov/dts/osta/oshasoft. For more information, call OSHA at (800) 321-6742.
- Inconsistent hiring sinks your defense
- ICE reports record number of I-9 audits, employer arrests
- Court takes novel approach to limit frivolous appeals--making employees pay legal fees
- Train employees to avoid pestering workers who file lawsuits or in-house complaints
- How One Missing Poster Doomed an Atlantic City Hotel