Can Microsoft Outlook® 2007 be an alternative? You bet! Using Outlook® tasks and a view called Timeline can give us the kind of look into our current projects once thought to only be available in expensive project management systems.
1. Choose the Tasks view from your navigation pane in Outlook®.
2. Start entering project tasks with start and end dates — categorizing them by project. If you’ve already completed some tasks, enter those as well and include any attachments or hyperlinks to any deliverables you created as part of those tasks.
3. Switch your view to Task Timeline to see how tasks lay out across time. It will be easy to spot any potential conflicts in time.
My 24-page Executive Summary of my popular training webinar will literally show you what Outlook® can do for you. Access this roadmap to improve your Outlook® skills...Here are a couple of tips to customizing the timeline view to suit your needs:
- Click on View, Current View, Customize Current View… and select Filter.
- Under More Choices, click the Categories button and select those categories which represent your projects.
Outlook® doesn’t just have to be for email anymore. Now it can help you in all aspects of your business:
My Executive Summary doesn’t just tell you these helpful tricks – it shows you. This 24-page guide contains screen captures to help even the least-experienced computer users uncover new ways to stay organized and increase productivity.
- New calendar functions will keep you from missing important meetings.
- Notes will let you transfer information from place to place on your computer – and even from person to person. You’ll be able to organize all of your emails in any category you want.
- Handy tips will teach you how to get the most out of your keyboard so you can stop switching over to your mouse.
Microsoft Outlook: Beyond E-mail to E-fficiency also includes a Q & A session between me and my webinar attendees – answers to questions from people who want to maximize all the ways to use Outlook®.
Get the Microsoft Outlook Executive Summary today!