After a bit of a hiatus, the Lessons Podcast series returns this week with my interview with author and 2006 Canadian coach of the year, Michael Bungay Stanier. Michael is the author of the bestseller, Do More Great Work, and is the guy to talk to if you want to figure out to shift your time and attention from the good work to the great work and drop the bad work entirely.
In our interview, Michael shares his insights on:
- The difference between bad, good and great work
- Why you shouldn’t want to spend 100% of your time on great work.
- How to find and act on your definition of great work.
Michael’s a great coach and a terrific story teller. It’s a 20 minute conversation that I think you’ll enjoy. Listen in via the MP3 link below.
- How to Steer Clear of a Workplace Smackdown (even if you’re not an NFL coach)
- A Five Step Plan for Speaking Truth to Power
- Six Qualities That Made Martin Luther King, Jr. a Great Speaker
- Shout It, Shout It, Shout It Out Loud: Lessons for Leaders from the Health Care Town Halls
- How to Coach a Future CEO