If your company operates in several locations, make sure you're complying with every city and state law. And check your, too. It may need to be tailored to individual states where you do business.
Example: A jury awarded nearly $1.2 million to an Aetna account representative who was fired after refusing to sign a noncompete agreement in California, which doesn't enforce such agreements.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Retaliation? Not if bias claim was bogus
- New FLSA regs mean it's time to review wage-and-hour practices
- What should we do if we suspect employee is engaged in workers' comp fraud?
- Supreme Court health care decision sets off health benefits scramble