Take workplace graffiti seriously, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) does.
Foster Wheeler Constructors Inc. recently agreed to pay a $1.32 million settlement for racial and sexual harassment claims that included graffiti left on the walls of portable toilets at a site in Robbins, Ill. An EEOC attorney said the case challenged a persistent problem of harassing graffiti in the construction industry.
- Contractor decision costs FedEx $319 million as class action grows
- How employers can stick to their guns under the BSEPA
- Court: To allege promotion bias, you must have actually applied for the job
- Ring of fire: Don't get burned by a reference call
- Weigh costs and benefits before seeking trial in federal rather than New York courts