Take workplace graffiti seriously, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) does.
Foster Wheeler Constructors Inc. recently agreed to pay a $1.32 million settlement for racial and sexual harassment claims that included graffiti left on the walls of portable toilets at a site in Robbins, Ill. An EEOC attorney said the case challenged a persistent problem of harassing graffiti in the construction industry.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Back to basics: Keep workplace free of sexual harassment
- It's up to employees to press harassment complaints
- When accommodating pregnant employee, make sure measures truly relate to pregnancy
- EEOC sues Folks restaurants for religious discrimination