Take workplace graffiti seriously, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) does.
Foster Wheeler Constructors Inc. recently agreed to pay a $1.32 million settlement for racial and sexual harassment claims that included graffiti left on the walls of portable toilets at a site in Robbins, Ill. An EEOC attorney said the case challenged a persistent problem of harassing graffiti in the construction industry.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- When worried about religious accommodation, keep lines of communication open
- When bias goes companywide, class-action lawsuits will follow
- U of M study: Female managers more likely to be harassed
- Conducting background checks that comply with the FCRA