Take workplace graffiti seriously, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) does.
Foster Wheeler Constructors Inc. recently agreed to pay a $1.32 million settlement for racial and sexual harassment claims that included graffiti left on the walls of portable toilets at a site in Robbins, Ill. An EEOC attorney said the case challenged a persistent problem of harassing graffiti in the construction industry.
- Crack down on supervisor harassment with tough policy, prompt corrective action
- Can't you even say the word 'pregnant' anymore?
- N.Y.-Based grocery chain to pay $40,000 discrimination settlement
- Retaliation long after employee complained? Courts skeptical when years pass without incident
- Protect employee/witnesses from retaliation