Take workplace graffiti seriously, the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) does.
Foster Wheeler Constructors Inc. recently agreed to pay a $1.32 million settlement for racial and sexual harassment claims that included graffiti left on the walls of portable toilets at a site in Robbins, Ill. An EEOC attorney said the case challenged a persistent problem of harassing graffiti in the construction industry.
- Don't waste money buying government forms or posters
- Employee claims harassment but won't identify alleged culprit: What would you do?
- Waitresses win $5.7 million in age discrimination case
- Can employees harass co-workers in the name of 'creativity'?
- Policy alone isn't enough: Take the next steps to stamp out harassment