If your company offers a cafeteria, examine new rules that the IRS and Treasury Department issued last month.
The set of final regulations (T.D. 8878) and proposed regulations (REG 117162-99) clarifies and expands the circumstances in which companies with Section 125 cafeteria plans can permit employees to change their elections.
- Self-administered benefits plan? Make sure your records are impeccable
- Safeguard your health data: HIPAA rules kick in April 14
- Educate employees about the value of disability insurance
- Don't cave to telecommuting request if it won't allow disabled employee to do job
- Weather can excuse late filing for unemployment benefits