If your company offers a cafeteria, examine new rules that the IRS and Treasury Department issued last month.
The set of final regulations (T.D. 8878) and proposed regulations (REG 117162-99) clarifies and expands the circumstances in which companies with Section 125 cafeteria plans can permit employees to change their elections.
- More employers try to regulate employees' off-Duty behavior
- Notify employees if you find a problem with your benefit plan
- Mandatory sick leave legislation introduced; HR groups fire back
- No unemployment after quitting to take job that never happened
- 5 ways to avoid legal risks of converting temps to regular staff