If your company offers a cafeteria, examine new rules that the IRS and Treasury Department issued last month.
The set of final regulations (T.D. 8878) and proposed regulations (REG 117162-99) clarifies and expands the circumstances in which companies with Section 125 cafeteria plans can permit employees to change their elections.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/1562/review-new-regulations-for-changing-cafeteria-plans "
- Minnesota's 8.8% unemployment rate outpaces national average
- Another reason to enforce violence policy: To avoid workers' compensation liability
- Continuing insurance isn't required by workers' comp
- 20/20: Small business best benefits practices
- Warn managers: Don't mention FMLA during discussion about discharge