If your company offers a cafeteria, examine new rules that the IRS and Treasury Department issued last month.
The set of final regulations (T.D. 8878) and proposed regulations (REG 117162-99) clarifies and expands the circumstances in which companies with Section 125 cafeteria plans can permit employees to change their elections.
- Give the staff long-term care protection
- You can't unilaterally stop workers' comp payments
- Letterman case spotlights boss-employee relationships
- If a resigning employee gives two weeks' notice, can we tell him not to bother coming in anymore?
- Praise Your Way to Success: 6 Steps to Effective Employee Recognition