If you've tripped over the confusing rules surrounding the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the federal government is giving you a chance to right your wrongs, without hitting you with a penalty.
Under the new Voluntary Fiduciary Correction (VFC) program that takes effect this month, the U.S. Labor Department outlines 13 of the most common ERISA violations and ways you can correct them without penalty.
For details on the VFC program, visit www.dol.gov/dol/pwba or call Labor's Pension and Welfareat (202) 219-8820.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Terminating employee? Don't forget appropriate notifications
- 'Michelle's Law' kicks in Nov. 8: New health insurance rules for dependent kids
- At Whole Foods, employee benefits are chosen through workplace vote
- Can a wellness program reduce absenteeism?