If you've tripped over the confusing rules surrounding the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the federal government is giving you a chance to right your wrongs, without hitting you with a penalty.
Under the new Voluntary Fiduciary Correction (VFC) program that takes effect this month, the U.S. Labor Department outlines 13 of the most common ERISA violations and ways you can correct them without penalty.
For details on the VFC program, visit www.dol.gov/dol/pwba or call Labor's Pension and Welfareat (202) 219-8820.
- HR cost-cutting moves: Your benchmarks for surviving the meltdown
- Independent contractor label is no protection from overtime
- 5 low-cost perks from Fortune's best: Would they work in your organization?
- Ohio Supreme Court places limits on public-Policy terminations
- After ARRA, how to handle gross misconduct and COBRA coverage