If you've tripped over the confusing rules surrounding the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the federal government is giving you a chance to right your wrongs, without hitting you with a penalty.
Under the new Voluntary Fiduciary Correction (VFC) program that takes effect this month, the U.S. Labor Department outlines 13 of the most common ERISA violations and ways you can correct them without penalty.
For details on the VFC program, visit www.dol.gov/dol/pwba or call Labor's Pension and Welfareat (202) 219-8820.
- Georgia law requires issuing DOL-800 forms for all separations
- Benefits for terminally ill worker: How can we help?
- Tighten up attendance policies, or get ready for an unemployment comp hit
- Planning for productivity: What time are workers at their best?
- Good news: Former employees can't just keep filing lawsuits