If you've tripped over the confusing rules surrounding the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the federal government is giving you a chance to right your wrongs, without hitting you with a penalty.
Under the new Voluntary Fiduciary Correction (VFC) program that takes effect this month, the U.S. Labor Department outlines 13 of the most common ERISA violations and ways you can correct them without penalty.
For details on the VFC program, visit www.dol.gov/dol/pwba or call Labor's Pension and Welfareat (202) 219-8820.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Do we have to pay health insurance opt-out bonus during FMLA leave?
- May we supplement unemployment comp benefits for temporarily laid-off workers?
- Strategies for sidestepping the higher rate for PSCs
- Where there's smoke ... can you fire (or refuse to hire)?