If you've tripped over the confusing rules surrounding the Employee Retirement Income Security Act (ERISA), the federal government is giving you a chance to right your wrongs, without hitting you with a penalty.
Under the new Voluntary Fiduciary Correction (VFC) program that takes effect this month, the U.S. Labor Department outlines 13 of the most common ERISA violations and ways you can correct them without penalty.
For details on the VFC program, visit www.dol.gov/dol/pwba or call Labor's Pension and Welfareat (202) 219-8820.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- You sometimes can boost benefits during union election
- Employee recovering? Offer light-Duty job to cut off unemployment benefits
- I was harassed and I quit! Now can I sue—Or get unemployment?
- Health clinic is latest wellness perk at bio-tech firm