Seven federal appeals courts have now ruled that the Americans with Disabilities Act doesn't keep you from offering a different level of benefits for mental disabilities than for physical ailments.
The 2nd Circuit is the most recent to strike down the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's position. (EEOC v. Staten Island Savings Bank, Nos. 99-6011, 99-6035, 2d Cir., 2000)
- Casino workers organize, joining United Auto Workers
- The 7 best benefits to keep older workers in the fold
- Investigate all allegations of harassment, even those made by poor performers
- Employees lose claim they were targeted for discomfort due to age
- Employer learns bipolarism is ADA-disability protected