Seven federal appeals courts have now ruled that the Americans with Disabilities Act doesn't keep you from offering a different level of benefits for mental disabilities than for physical ailments.
The 2nd Circuit is the most recent to strike down the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's position. (EEOC v. Staten Island Savings Bank, Nos. 99-6011, 99-6035, 2d Cir., 2000)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Complying with the revised EEO-1 reporting requirements
- Could a court order force us to compromise our employees' privacy?
- Act fast on hostile workplace complaints--or prepare for costly, complicated lawsuit
- Writing performance reviews: What NOT to say