Seven federal appeals courts have now ruled that the Americans with Disabilities Act doesn't keep you from offering a different level of benefits for mental disabilities than for physical ailments.
The 2nd Circuit is the most recent to strike down the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's position. (EEOC v. Staten Island Savings Bank, Nos. 99-6011, 99-6035, 2d Cir., 2000)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- REDA provides whistle-blower protection during some internal investigations, too
- Mercer County caseworker loses discrimination suit
- Supreme Court greases path for bias cases
- Mere days of harassment mean lawsuit when 'Constructive discharge' is involved