Seven federal appeals courts have now ruled that the Americans with Disabilities Act doesn't keep you from offering a different level of benefits for mental disabilities than for physical ailments.
The 2nd Circuit is the most recent to strike down the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's position. (EEOC v. Staten Island Savings Bank, Nos. 99-6011, 99-6035, 2d Cir., 2000)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Words matter! Boss's oral promise can become binding if it's definite enough
- Biggest Investigation Error: Skipping the Follow-Up Phase
- Appeals court sends card check case to arbitration
- Warn about personal liability when conducting discrimination training