Seven federal appeals courts have now ruled that the Americans with Disabilities Act doesn't keep you from offering a different level of benefits for mental disabilities than for physical ailments.
The 2nd Circuit is the most recent to strike down the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's position. (EEOC v. Staten Island Savings Bank, Nos. 99-6011, 99-6035, 2d Cir., 2000)
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/1557/green-light-given-for-disparate-mental-physical-benefits "
- Address sexual harassment fast! It's the right--and smart--thing to do
- Don't assume temps are independent contractors
- Workers' Comp: Ohio's Top Court Says 'Tough Luck' to Safety Slackers
- Exonerated, gone anyway: You can independently assess misconduct
- Never automatically fire employees just because they exhaust FMLA leave