Seven federal appeals courts have now ruled that the Americans with Disabilities Act doesn't keep you from offering a different level of benefits for mental disabilities than for physical ailments.
The 2nd Circuit is the most recent to strike down the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission's position. (EEOC v. Staten Island Savings Bank, Nos. 99-6011, 99-6035, 2d Cir., 2000)
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Sorry, no take-Backs on FMLA
- Give staff at least 15 days to obtain FMLA certification
- Did everything employee asked and still got sued? You may get attorneys' fees
- Hiring independent contractor? Be prepared to document that he's not an employee