Office ergonomics: Where can I find narrow wrist rests?

Question: “An ergonomic consultant recommended a narrower wrist/palm rest for several staff members. Their current rest is about 2.5 inches wide. I am having a hard time finding a narrower one. Any suggestions?” — Peggie Frost

See Comments Below

Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!

Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...

We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.

The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.

" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/15464/office-ergonomics-where-can-i-find-narrow-wrist-rests "

Sydney June 8, 2009 at 11:24 am

Sometimes adjusting the tilt of your keyboard will help your wrist. If you put the keyboard flat…you will lesson the restriction of the blood flow. This plus using a wrist rest for the keyboard usually helps. Also, using a wrist rest for your mouse will help in the dominate hand/wrist. If you use a track ball…there are wrist rests for those, too.

Barb G June 5, 2009 at 3:26 pm

I agree with Lisa. If the consultant recommended a narrower one, surely s/he knows where to find one.

Lisa May 29, 2009 at 5:20 pm

I’d suggest asking your ergonomic consultant, since that’s the person that made the suggestion. I bet they have lots of information about products that are available.

Liza May 29, 2009 at 3:08 pm

I just wanted to say two things
First:
I’ve had tendonitis for over 2 years (I’m getting better!) and I don’t use a ‘wrist rest’. The bottom of my palms do sit on a rest at the bottom of my keyboard, but actually resting the wrist usually entails that the wrist is not straight when a person is typing. Keeping the wrist straight will usually solve any problems a person is having.

Second:
Microsoft makes a keyboard that is very ergonomic. I don’t know if you have room in your budget for it, but it has a spli keyboard that also elevates so the top of the keyboard is lower than the bottom of it. I use this and it has done wonders for me.

Min May 29, 2009 at 2:25 pm

I don’t have any suggestions for your question unfortunately. I just wonder how many of us read your question and immediately got out a ruler and measured our own wrist rest. Guilty!

Sydney May 29, 2009 at 2:21 pm

I am the ergonomic coordinator for our office and I use these…they are approx. 2″ wide and taper towards the ends.

Keyboard Wrist Rests – Office Max