Where can I find a job description for an administrative manager?

Question: “I have been trying to find an administrative manager job description, but I'm not having much luck. I would like to work with my company on changing my position to an admin manager. Does anyone have a sample that I can use?” — Anonymous

See Comments Below

Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!

Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...

We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.

The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.

" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/15428/where-can-i-find-a-job-description-for-an-administrative-manager "

Martha May 4, 2011 at 12:36 pm

I am a Sr. Executive Assistant for 11 years now and want to transition to an Administrative Manager. I find it to be very challenging because it seems noone wants to give me a chance without the proper experience. I have worked to get my Masters which should show them I am serious about career growth, however, I keep hearing I don’t have the experience for what an Administrative Manager does. I feel so stuck and a bit disappointed. Any suggestions? p.s. I have already spoken to my boss about my desire to move up. She has listened, and commended me for it, however, has done nothing to give me that push that I need (she is very influential). Any suggestions?

Beth Luciano March 4, 2011 at 11:12 am

Hi Patty,

If you go to salary.com they have job descriptions for every role, and they are quite descriptive. They also give you the corresponding e-mail to go along with it.

Hope this helps.

Beth Luciano
Click Here for Administrative Jobs

Lisa Garner June 11, 2010 at 11:00 am

Hi Patty,
My title is Executive Assistant/Employee relations rep. Can you please send me a copy of your job description? Thank you so much – I would like to compare. Also, if you don’t mind can you send a salary range? Start – Mid – Max. Thanks again.

Lisa Garner

Denise June 10, 2009 at 3:03 pm

Patty, I would very much appreciate a copy of your job description. It would be helpful to me as a guideline for my supervisor.

Jayne June 8, 2009 at 5:14 pm

Patty, could you send me a copy of your title: Executive Assistant/Manager Adminstration? Thanks!

JoJo January 16, 2009 at 5:26 pm

My title is Administrative Manager feel free to email me and I will be happy to send you a copy of mine. jguzman@bcc911.com

Patty January 5, 2009 at 8:27 am

My title is executive assistant/manager administration. If that is the type of thing you are proposing, I can send you a copy of mine if that is what you are looking for. Just send me a request to patty.buckner@ontera.ca.

Karen January 2, 2009 at 1:55 pm

One of the best resources I’ve found for general job descriptions is to check out postings on CareerBuilder.com or other job search engines. I think you’ll have the best luck if you look under “Administrative Services Manager”

LINDA January 2, 2009 at 12:49 pm

With the recent changes in the FLSA (Wage and Hour Laws) in 2004. Employers can be very cautious with titles with regard to Managers and Supervisors. Be prepared if you are proposing a title change, work with your HR Rep and develop a strong case that fits into the current organizational structure. Some questions may be asked such as – Do you “manage” people? Typically the term Manager in a title generally indicates the responsibility of managing others, completing performance evaluations, interviewing and making hiring, disciplinary and termination recommendations. You may also want to look under “Office Manager”.