Q. Can the time spent on workers' comp leave be counted against
A. Yes, as long as you informed the employee at the beginning of the leave that any time spent on that workers' comp leave would also count against his or her 12 weeks of authorized time off under the .
Note: Employers can usually require that employees onexhaust all accrued leave (i.e., vacation and sick leave) before being placed on unpaid leave. However, if an employee is already getting workers' , you can't make him or her use paid leave.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- After Obergefell, employers must ask: What to do about domestic-partner benefits?
- Employee running errand still covered by comp
- Supreme Court lets stand ruling that limits employee's FMLA rights
- The 5 rules for documenting HR decision-making