The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC) is putting action behind its talk of cracking down on unequal pay.
A new internal task force works on claims under the Equal Pay Act and other pay-related bias laws.
The agency also has added a section on compensation discrimination to its Web site. Find the EEOC fact sheet at www.eeoc.gov/facts/fs-epa.html.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Proven way to win shaky bias suits: Be specific about reasons for discharge
- Employee wants an ergonomic desk: Does ADA require that we provide it?
- State laws on mandatory employee breaks
- Michigan's minimum wage is higher than the federal rate