Over the next two months, thousands of U.S. businesses will be mailed a government survey asking for how they handle absences under theAct ( ). Key questions will focus on the company's and how its workers have used the leave. The Labor Department says answers will be confidential.
The administration plans to use the results in its drive to expand employee rights under the FMLA. For a survey copy, call (202) 219-5095 ext. 159.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Even small changes to employees' schedules can equal retaliation
- New Texas law provides more protection for your trade secrets
- Same-sex marriage: What the trend means for employers and HR
- Accommodate disabled workers, but don't accept mediocre job performance