Over the next two months, thousands of U.S. businesses will be mailed a government survey asking for how they handle absences under theAct ( ). Key questions will focus on the company's and how its workers have used the leave. The Labor Department says answers will be confidential.
The administration plans to use the results in its drive to expand employee rights under the FMLA. For a survey copy, call (202) 219-5095 ext. 159.
- Are there alternatives to noncompetes for employees who work in California?
- Paying staff for volunteer work = lower absenteeism
- The Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act finally becomes law
- Maritime arbitration agreements enforceable, trump California law
- When worker complains, find out if she's a 'Serial sue-er'