Over the next two months, thousands of U.S. businesses will be mailed a government survey asking for how they handle absences under theAct ( ). Key questions will focus on the company's and how its workers have used the leave. The Labor Department says answers will be confidential.
The administration plans to use the results in its drive to expand employee rights under the FMLA. For a survey copy, call (202) 219-5095 ext. 159.
- Some Sundays off doesn't require giving every Sunday off
- After cutting staff, can we require remaining employees to work overtime?
- Without a noncompete agreement, can we stop a former employee from undercutting us?
- Miami bank VP behind bars--& barred from banking for life
- If employee's PTO is gone, can we dock his pay?