Over the next two months, thousands of U.S. businesses will be mailed a government survey asking for how they handle absences under theAct ( ). Key questions will focus on the company's and how its workers have used the leave. The Labor Department says answers will be confidential.
The administration plans to use the results in its drive to expand employee rights under the FMLA. For a survey copy, call (202) 219-5095 ext. 159.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Employment issues to watch in Washington this year
- Employee behaving strangely? Think twice before urging her to seek counseling
- Brown nixes 'card check' union elections for farm workers
- Court upholds validity of employment agreement that required binding arbitration