Check your retirement plan to see if it gave proper service credit to women who tookbefore the took effect in 1979.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission recently settled a class-action lawsuit in which it accused Cincinnati Bell Telephone and Cincinnati Bell Information Systems of denying 458 women proper retirement-plan credit during their maternity leave.
Bottom line: Treat pregnancy the same as other temporary disabilities when you calculate seniority for a person who takes medical leave.
- California Supreme Court makes independent contractor status tougher for motor carriers
- NLRB and social media: Be careful what your policy prohibits
- Whistle-Blower law doesn't limit right to sue for nongovernment reporting
- Georgia Workers' Compensation Act
- MIOSHA can't cite company again pending appeal of original citation