Check your retirement plan to see if it gave proper service credit to women who tookbefore the took effect in 1979.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission recently settled a class-action lawsuit in which it accused Cincinnati Bell Telephone and Cincinnati Bell Information Systems of denying 458 women proper retirement-plan credit during their maternity leave.
Bottom line: Treat pregnancy the same as other temporary disabilities when you calculate seniority for a person who takes medical leave.
Like what you've read? ...Republish it and share great business tips!
Attention: Readers, Publishers, Editors, Bloggers, Media, Webmasters and more...
We believe great content should be read and passed around. After all, knowledge IS power. And good business can become great with the right information at their fingertips. If you'd like to share any of the insightful articles on BusinessManagementDaily.com, you may republish or syndicate it without charge.
The only thing we ask is that you keep the article exactly as it was written and formatted. You also need to include an attribution statement and link to the article.
" This information is proudly provided by Business Management Daily.com: http://www.businessmanagementdaily.com/1512/maternity-leave-from-long-ago-can-affect-benefits-now "
- Track declining productivity to justify staffing, pay and promotion decisions
- 4th Circuit: You don't have to hire applicant who sued former employer for FLSA violations
- Do you have employees covered by USERRA? Warning: You could be personally liable for bias
- NLRB issues guidelines for investigating union 'Salting' claims
- Your 10-point checklist to ensure an NLRA-compliant handbook