Check your retirement plan to see if it gave proper service credit to women who tookbefore the took effect in 1979.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission recently settled a class-action lawsuit in which it accused Cincinnati Bell Telephone and Cincinnati Bell Information Systems of denying 458 women proper retirement-plan credit during their maternity leave.
Bottom line: Treat pregnancy the same as other temporary disabilities when you calculate seniority for a person who takes medical leave.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- 10 ways an attorney will attack you on the stand
- Office audits: Beat the IRS on its home turf
- When employee files harassment complaint, document efforts to help her deal with aftermath
- Can I tell employees they better not vote for a particular political candidate?