Check your retirement plan to see if it gave proper service credit to women who tookbefore the took effect in 1979.
The Equal Employment Opportunity Commission recently settled a class-action lawsuit in which it accused Cincinnati Bell Telephone and Cincinnati Bell Information Systems of denying 458 women proper retirement-plan credit during their maternity leave.
Bottom line: Treat pregnancy the same as other temporary disabilities when you calculate seniority for a person who takes medical leave.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Don't fall into the retaliation trap! Have solid reason for firing complainer
- Don't nickel and dime ADA accommodations: Everything can't be essential to the job
- NYC bakery workers get dough as part of DOL wage settlement
- No money for promised pay raise: Now what?