Want to get your managers to take sexual harassment claims seriously? Here's how one human resources director does it: He begins each training session by having managers list their financial assets. Then he asks them which items on that list they are willing to sacrifice.
While most federal appeals courts refuse to hold employees personally liable for discrimination under federal laws such as Title VII, state laws aren't always so forgiving. Federal laws that may include personal liability for violations include the Fair Labor Standards Act,Act, Occupational Safety and Health Act, Immigration Reform and Control Act, Employee Retire-ment Income Security Act and COBRA.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Software firm's redesign boxes out open-space office trend
- Why I represent management as an employment law attorney
- What are the ramifications of disclosing information during preliminary negotiations?
- Complaining about co-worker's harassment may be protected