1. According to a survey of hiring managers, what’s the most common mistake candidates make during job interviews?
a. Lack of enthusiasm
b. Unprepared to discuss their career plans, goals
c. Little or no knowledge of the company
2. A recent Supreme Court ruling involving Walmart will make employers less vulnerable to:
a. Wage-and-hour claims
b. Slip-and-fall fraud cases
c. Big class-action lawsuits
3. Merit increases for employees in the United States averaged 2.7% last year. What’s the average merit increase that U.S. organizations are budgeting for this year?
4. Which minority segment reports feeling discriminated against the most in their current jobs?
c. Disabled workers
5. What percentage of employers ban all employees from using social media on work computers?
Sources: 1. Accountemps survey; 2. U.S. Supreme Court; 3. TowersWatson survey; 4. CareerBuilder survey; 5. Manpower Employment Blawg.
Answers: 1. c 2. c 3. a 4. b 5. b
- Solo HR pros: Seek a mentor to advance your career
- A HITECH world: New law expands HIPAA enforcement power
- During union drive, don't unfairly target pro-Union employees
- No need for OK before misconduct investigations
- Suspect sick leave abuse? Set strong policy to stamp it out--and allow legit FMLA leave