1. According to a survey of hiring managers, what’s the most common mistake candidates make during job interviews?
a. Lack of enthusiasm
b. Unprepared to discuss their career plans, goals
c. Little or no knowledge of the company
2. A recent Supreme Court ruling involving Walmart will make employers less vulnerable to:
a. Wage-and-hour claims
b. Slip-and-fall fraud cases
c. Big class-action lawsuits
3. Merit increases for employees in the United States averaged 2.7% last year. What’s the average merit increase that U.S. organizations are budgeting for this year?
4. Which minority segment reports feeling discriminated against the most in their current jobs?
c. Disabled workers
5. What percentage of employers ban all employees from using social media on work computers?
Sources: 1. Accountemps survey; 2. U.S. Supreme Court; 3. TowersWatson survey; 4. CareerBuilder survey; 5. Manpower Employment Blawg.
Answers: 1. c 2. c 3. a 4. b 5. b
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- With Cyber Monday looming, it's time to reinforce your Internet policy
- Bite down on dental plan costs by managing coverage
- Background-Checking firms: How to Sort out the Best from the Rest
- Immigration crackdown targets employers—not illegal workers