When Tony Hsieh, CEO of online shoe retailer Zappos.com, interviews people, he asks candidates this question: On a scale of 1 to 10 (with 1 being “bad things always happen to me”) how lucky are you in life?
Hsieh said the number gives insight into the candidate’s motivation and outlook on life. “Luck is really about being open to opportunities,” he said.
- How to Fire an Employee the Legal Way: 6 Termination Guidelines
- Does this person have a case? We withdrew an offer after she quit her old job and moved
- 7 steps to great decisions
- Can I terminate a cashier who just filed for bankruptcy?
- Lost in MySpace: Know the law before searching web for applicant info