In late June, days before the U.S. Supreme Court struck down a massive class-action lawsuit alleging discrimination at Walmart, home electronics retailer Best Buy opted to settle a bias-based class-action suit of its own. Nine employees will split $200,000. Their lawyers will get $10 million.
- Are overweight employees due 'disability' rights?
- Good news: EEOC doesn't have the last word in deciding discrimination cases
- Limit hostile environment liability by getting to the bottom of every harassment complaint
- Cost-sharing can cost you in arbitration agreements
- Settling a lawsuit? Cut the IRS out of the deal