In late June, days before the U.S. Supreme Court struck down a massive class-action lawsuit alleging discrimination at Walmart, home electronics retailer Best Buy opted to settle a bias-based class-action suit of its own. Nine employees will split $200,000. Their lawyers will get $10 million.
- Romance gone bad: What can we do to discourage relationships between employees?
- Document why termination was justified when employee can't handle promotion duties
- Houston strip club's youth movement draws EEOC suit
- Track your fair and equitable discipline to prove you don't discriminate
- Be prepared to justify bonuses based on work performance