In late June, days before the U.S. Supreme Court struck down a massive class-action lawsuit alleging discrimination at Walmart, home electronics retailer Best Buy opted to settle a bias-based class-action suit of its own. Nine employees will split $200,000. Their lawyers will get $10 million.
- Beware! Off-duty harassment may still be your problem
- Follow 3 rules of pre-hire medical tests: Timing, privacy, job descriptions
- Some Sundays off doesn't require giving every Sunday off
- Prison nurses receive $630,000 for hostile work environment
- Watch out! Firing employee who needs maternity leave may be sex discrimination