In late June, days before the U.S. Supreme Court struck down a massive class-action lawsuit alleging discrimination at Walmart, home electronics retailer Best Buy opted to settle a bias-based class-action suit of its own. Nine employees will split $200,000. Their lawyers will get $10 million.
- Beware schedule changes that lower pay! They could trigger discrimination lawsuits
- Warn bosses: Pregnancy plans talk is off-limits
- Bizarre, nonsensical lawsuit? Vigorous response still required
- How to raise discrimination red flags: Deviate from usual promotion policies
- Work environment: There's ugly and then there's biased