In late June, days before the U.S. Supreme Court struck down a massive class-action lawsuit alleging discrimination at Walmart, home electronics retailer Best Buy opted to settle a bias-based class-action suit of its own. Nine employees will split $200,000. Their lawyers will get $10 million.
- Feel free to expand candidate search even if your policy favors hiring from within
- Don't invite EEOC to fish through your files
- Noncitizens can't sue for overseas discrimination
- To claim religious bias, worker must first voice need for accommodation
- Individuals cannot be held liable for retaliation claims