In late June, days before the U.S. Supreme Court struck down a massive class-action lawsuit alleging discrimination at Walmart, home electronics retailer Best Buy opted to settle a bias-based class-action suit of its own. Nine employees will split $200,000. Their lawyers will get $10 million.
- Track who hired and promoted disabled worker
- 2 great candidates? Document why you chose 1
- New Oxford tavern owner accused of sexual harassment
- Track all discipline to prove you don't discriminate when punishing employees
- When employee complains about discrimination, be alert for signs bosses are retaliating