In late June, days before the U.S. Supreme Court struck down a massive class-action lawsuit alleging discrimination at Walmart, home electronics retailer Best Buy opted to settle a bias-based class-action suit of its own. Nine employees will split $200,000. Their lawyers will get $10 million.
- Document stressful work conditions to defend against retaliation claim
- HR's loose lips can sink your company's defense
- Courts give employers benefit of doubt: Not all 'unfair' treatment is discrimination
- Man claims sexy co-Worker caused anxiety and stress
- Can a severance agreement waiving age claims prevent an ADEA suit?