In late June, days before the U.S. Supreme Court struck down a massive class-action lawsuit alleging discrimination at Walmart, home electronics retailer Best Buy opted to settle a bias-based class-action suit of its own. Nine employees will split $200,000. Their lawyers will get $10 million.
- NJLAD transgender protections could get first court test
- How to ensure settlements are the last word: Ask lawyer to draft all agreements
- Sometimes a personality conflict is nothing more
- Cutting health insurance costs by declining to cover contraception
- Use social networks to your advantage in employment disputes